Summary of Position – Provides daily care to sows and piglets following Haverkamp Bros. standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as a team member of the farrowing department.
- Daily animal care/feeding
- Assist farrowing sows and attend to newborn piglets
- Process piglets according to company protocols
- Maintain & monitor overall animal health, care, and treatment by PQA+ standards
- Maintain proper barn environment through proper ventilation protocols
- Adhere to all company policies at all times, including Animal Welfare, Biosecurity, and Safety
- Maintain accurate production records
- Move animals using safe handling practices
- General facility cleaning, maintenance, and hygiene including power washing/disinfecting barns after weaning, performing laundry, and office cleaning duties
- Respect and care for all animals is required.