JOB SUMMARY: Weaned pig care responsible for implementing HBI post weaning care management practices and doing whatever is needed to have pigs thrive and grow.
1. Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation
2. Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time on varied surfaces, and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day
Summary of Position – Oversee the employees and department leads to ensure that all daily responsibilities/tasks are performed and all animals are well taken care of.
- Ensure the health and welfare of all animals in terms of nutrition, medication, and environment
- Communicate with veterinarian on a regular basis
- Coordinate overall animal flow and understand its effect on production
- Perform regular employee management, problem solving, and administrative duties (i.e.
Summary of Position
Provides daily care to sows and developing gilts following Haverkamp Bros. standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as a team member of the breeding department.
- Daily animal care/feeding
- Performing breeding/insemination process by means of PCAI or traditional AI
- Administer routine and seasonal vaccinations and injections or recommendations from our vet
- Maintain & monitor overall animal health, care, and treatment by PQA+ standards
- Maintain proper barn environment through proper ventilation protocols
- Adhere to all company policies at all times, including Animal Welfare, Biosecurity, and Safety
- Maintain accurate production records
- Move animals using safe handling practices
- General facility cleaning, maintenance, and hygiene including power washing/disinfecting barns, performing laundry, and office cleaning duties
- Respect and care for all animals is required.