Summary of Position
Provides daily care to sows and developing gilts following Haverkamp Bros. standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as a team member of the breeding department.
- Daily animal care/feeding
- Performing breeding/insemination process by means of PCAI or traditional AI
- Administer routine and seasonal vaccinations and injections or recommendations from our vet
- Maintain & monitor overall animal health, care, and treatment by PQA+ standards
- Maintain proper barn environment through proper ventilation protocols
- Adhere to all company policies at all times, including Animal Welfare, Biosecurity, and Safety
- Maintain accurate production records
- Move animals using safe handling practices
- General facility cleaning, maintenance, and hygiene including power washing/disinfecting barns, performing laundry, and office cleaning duties
- Respect and care for all animals is required.
The main goal of this position is as follows: SeniorSow Production Manager
reports to the Owner
and provides leadership
in operating the Sow Division to achieve high performance and Company goals.
Primary responsibilities include leading and supporting the Sow Farm Managers
with accountability to executing and achieving priorities and objectives.
The main goal of this position is as follows:
Work in a Team Effort with HBI Management, Farm Owner, and Farm Employees in the Strategic Planning and Execution of the day to day repairs and maintenance on all company owned and leased assets within our farms.
- Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation.
Summary of Position – Transport swine between farms, packing plants, and other destinations and load and unload swine from transport trailer. This needs to be done in a manner than minimizes stress and injury to swine, in order to deliver a quality animal to the destination and return maximum value to HBI. CDL required.
- Maintain transportation rig in a manner that minimizes downtime, prevents breakdowns, and is cost efficient.
Summary of Position – Oversee the employees and department leads to ensure that all daily responsibilities/tasks are performed and all animals are well taken care of.
- Ensure the health and welfare of all animals in terms of nutrition, medication, and environment
- Communicate with veterinarian on a regular basis
- Coordinate overall animal flow and understand its effect on production
- Perform regular employee management, problem solving, and administrative duties (i.e.