JOB SUMMARY: Weaned pig care responsible for implementing HBI post weaning care management practices and doing whatever is needed to have pigs thrive and grow.
1. Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation
2. Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time on varied surfaces, and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day
Summary of Position – Oversee the employees and department leads to ensure that all daily responsibilities/tasks are performed and all animals are well taken care of.
- Ensure the health and welfare of all animals in terms of nutrition, medication, and environment
- Communicate with veterinarian on a regular basis
- Coordinate overall animal flow and understand its effect on production
- Perform regular employee management, problem solving, and administrative duties (i.e.