Summary of Position – Transport swine between farms, packing plants, and other destinations and load and unload swine from transport trailer. This needs to be done in a manner than minimizes stress and injury to swine, in order to deliver a quality animal to the destination and return maximum value to HBI. CDL required.
- Maintain transportation rig in a manner that minimizes downtime, prevents breakdowns, and is cost efficient.
- Maintain transport trailer in a manner appropriate to weather conditions that keeps animals comfortable and unlikely to be stressed or injured in transport, loading or unloading.
- Maintain bio-security of load-out farms. Have clean boots, coveralls, & movement aids (boards, rattles, etc.)
- Oversee transportation rig cleaning, dis-infection, and drying of trailer. Report cleaning deficiencies to washout crew or management.
- Arrive at loading destination 15 to 30 minutes before scheduled load-out time and prepare trailer for loading. (Put bedding down, open or close vents, etc.)
- Work with farm manager or loading crew to load or unload animals with a minimum amount of stress.
- Load and unload animals only as fast as can be done with a minimum amount of stress. A short load or unload time isn’t as important as providing a healthy, unstressed animal to the destination.
- Communicate with farm managers or loading crews, changes or adjustments in loading or unloading times.
- Communicate problems to management.
- Complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Operate in a safe manner while on the road. Your actions not only reflect on you, but on the company you work for.
- The appearance of your transportation rig also reflects on yourself and us. Keep it clean when possible.
- Conduct yourself in a positive manner. Be respectful of others, maintain composure, and work together. This will truly reflect positively on yourself, your family, and this organization.
- Respect and care for all animals is required. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to inhumane treatment of our animals.
- Minimum of a Class A CDL Required.
- Knowledge & enforcement of the latest industry biosecurity practices must be observed and enforced throughout the farm.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and ability to follow company policies and procedures precisely
- Positive, friendly, and respectful demeanor at all times
- Regular, consistent attendance required with flexibility in hours.
- Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds
Email application and/or resume to email@example.com