Summary of Position – Transport swine between farms, packing plants, and other destinations and load and unload swine from transport trailer. This needs to be done in a manner than minimizes stress and injury to swine, in order to deliver a quality animal to the destination and return maximum value to HBI. CDL required.
- Maintain transportation rig in a manner that minimizes downtime, prevents breakdowns, and is cost efficient.
The main goal of this position is as follows:
Work in a Team Effort with HBI Management, Farm Owner, and Farm Employees in the Strategic Planning and Execution of the day to day repairs and maintenance on all company owned and leased assets within our farms.
- Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation.
Summary of Position
Provides daily care to sows and developing gilts following Haverkamp Bros. standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as a team member of the breeding department.
- Daily animal care/feeding
- Performing breeding/insemination process by means of PCAI or traditional AI
- Administer routine and seasonal vaccinations and injections or recommendations from our vet
- Maintain & monitor overall animal health, care, and treatment by PQA+ standards
- Maintain proper barn environment through proper ventilation protocols
- Adhere to all company policies at all times, including Animal Welfare, Biosecurity, and Safety
- Maintain accurate production records
- Move animals using safe handling practices
- General facility cleaning, maintenance, and hygiene including power washing/disinfecting barns, performing laundry, and office cleaning duties
- Respect and care for all animals is required.
Story by Kevin Schulz
An esteemed panel of judges chose eight products from the World Pork Expo New Product Tour as finalists.
Farmers have always been good at seeing a problem, and rather than waiting for someone else to fix it, they find the solution themselves. Roy Winkler fits that mold.
Winkler, a wean-finish production manager with Haverkamp Brothers at Bern, Kan.,
Story and photos by Sara Schwertner
Some may say that the good old days included times without computers, pagers and cell phones. But to Alan Haverkamp, these technological advances have aided in the growth and management of his family farm. Technology has come a long way in helping this Kansas hog farmer produce a healthy and delicious pork product and he wouldn’t go back.
Hello, and thank you for visiting our page! My name is Alan (third from left). My brothers and I farm one of 1,500 pork farms in Kansas. My family and I live in the northeast part of the state.
My four older brothers started raising pigs in high school and in the early 1980’s … Read More on eatpork.org.
HBI selected as one of 30 procurement suppliers nationwide for the Spirit of Excellence Award.
Haverkamp Brothers Inc, Bern named Kansas Pork All-American.