JOB SUMMARY: Weaned pig care responsible for implementing HBI post weaning care management practices and doing whatever is needed to have pigs thrive and grow.
1. Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation
2. Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time on varied surfaces, and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day
Summary of Position – Oversee the employees and department leads to ensure that all daily responsibilities/tasks are performed and all animals are well taken care of.
- Ensure the health and welfare of all animals in terms of nutrition, medication, and environment
- Communicate with veterinarian on a regular basis
- Coordinate overall animal flow and understand its effect on production
- Perform regular employee management, problem solving, and administrative duties (i.e.
Summary of Position
Provides daily care to sows and developing gilts following Haverkamp Bros. standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as a team member of the breeding department.
- Daily animal care/feeding
- Performing breeding/insemination process by means of PCAI or traditional AI
- Administer routine and seasonal vaccinations and injections or recommendations from our vet
- Maintain & monitor overall animal health, care, and treatment by PQA+ standards
- Maintain proper barn environment through proper ventilation protocols
- Adhere to all company policies at all times, including Animal Welfare, Biosecurity, and Safety
- Maintain accurate production records
- Move animals using safe handling practices
- General facility cleaning, maintenance, and hygiene including power washing/disinfecting barns, performing laundry, and office cleaning duties
- Respect and care for all animals is required.
Story by Kevin Schulz
An esteemed panel of judges chose eight products from the World Pork Expo New Product Tour as finalists.
Farmers have always been good at seeing a problem, and rather than waiting for someone else to fix it, they find the solution themselves. Roy Winkler fits that mold.
Winkler, a wean-finish production manager with Haverkamp Brothers at Bern, Kan.,
Story and photos by Sara Schwertner
Some may say that the good old days included times without computers, pagers and cell phones. But to Alan Haverkamp, these technological advances have aided in the growth and management of his family farm. Technology has come a long way in helping this Kansas hog farmer produce a healthy and delicious pork product and he wouldn’t go back.
Hello, and thank you for visiting our page! My name is Alan (third from left). My brothers and I farm one of 1,500 pork farms in Kansas. My family and I live in the northeast part of the state.
My four older brothers started raising pigs in high school and in the early 1980’s … Read More on eatpork.org.
HBI selected as one of 30 procurement suppliers nationwide for the Spirit of Excellence Award.
Haverkamp Brothers Inc, Bern named Kansas Pork All-American.