JOB SUMMARY: Weaned pig care responsible for implementing HBI post weaning care management practices and doing whatever is needed to have pigs thrive and grow.
1. Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation
2. Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time on varied surfaces, and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day
3. Ability to work in noise levels that may require hearing protection
4. Must possess ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm
5. Must possess good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the use of hands to handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals
1. Respect and care for all animals is required. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to inhumane treatment of our animals. Knowledge & enforcement of the latest industry biosecurity practices must be observed and enforced throughout the farm.
2. Individual must be dedicated, goal-oriented, motivated, and able to work effectively as a team member
3. Positive, friendly, and respectful demeanor at all times
4. Must be a self-starter that can operate unsupervised
5. Previous experience in pork industry desired, but not mandatory
6. Ability to do basic math (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication)
7. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
8. Regular, consistent attendance required with flexibility in hours a plus. Must be willing to work some weekends.
9. Must be able to communicate well with Production Service Reps. and Contract Growers
1. Reliable, punctual, efficient, well organized, detail orientated with strong communication skills.
2. Make planned scheduled visits to multiple locations of nursery and wean finish barns on a daily basis
3. Follow S.O.P. and enforce HBI procedures and policies; and detailed orders of Production Service Reps. for the care and management of company owned pigs three weeks to eight weeks of age.
4. Analyzing records
5. Maintain herd health and biosecurity
6. Other duties will include but not limited to:
• Identifying sick pigs and specific disease
• Sorting and treating pigs as needed
• Management of Basic Pig care of feed, water, and environments
• Communication and working with Production Service Reps, growers and other personnel
• Assist Production Service Reps. with preparing barns for wean pigs to arrive
• Must be able to understand and follow protocols for starting procedures of barns and pigs
• Must have basic understanding of swine building ventilation, heaters, and ventilation controls
7. High School Diploma
8. Valid Driver’s License
9. Would include Smart phone capabilities
10. Must be able to adapt and learn quickly on the job
11. Must be able to prioritize and keep on task with limited direct supervision
12. Must be accustomed to varied working conditions
13. Must be able to work in confinement hog facilities for extended periods of time.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Haverkamp Brothers, an equal opportunity employer.
Email application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org