The main goal of this position is as follows:
Work in a Team Effort with HBI Management, Farm Owner, and Farm Employees in the Strategic Planning and Execution of the day to day repairs and maintenance on all company owned and leased assets within our farms.
- Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time on varied surfaces, and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day.
- Ability to work in noise levels that may require hearing protection.
- Must possess ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination, arm, and hand and finger dexterity, including the use of hands to handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals.
- Perform daily repair and maintenance duties.
- Routinely report progress to management.
- Evaluate future facility and equipment requirements, upgrades or replacements.
- Use best management practices to ensure strong and safe execution in the field.
- Complete detailed one trip material list and needs for work orders.
- Diagnose and provide plausible solutions for electrical, ventilation, and other facility challenges that arise throughout the company owned facilities.
- Complete tasks efficiently, safely and thoroughly with emphasis on a like new result after completion of each project or work order.
- Ensure that routine maintenance work is conducted in a manner that safeguards the environment and maintains regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate and closely align with barn owner, farm manager and staff to consistently and efficiently deliver best in class quality products and workmanship in order to ensure a seamless working relationship.
- Maintain tools associated with job in working condition and be accountable for inventory of said tools.
- Promote safe work habits and maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensure that all the best practices are consistent with commonly accepted standards for animal welfare.
- Assist with swine as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED. Trade School/Associate Degree preferred.
- One to three years of repair and maintenance experience preferred
- Have knowledge of operating and servicing equipment, i.e. tractors, backhoes, and ATV’s.
- Have knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and ventilation systems.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Must be able to adapt to new and changing technology.
- Individual must be skilled in organization, planning, and project management
- General computing and the ability to manage workload through mobile handheld devices.
- Follow written and verbal instructions as well as have excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to Weld, Fabricate, and perform General Carpentry.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Work on rotating weekend shifts- 24/7.
- Be “on call”, with-in reasonable limits, to answer questions or give advice to employees. Return voice messages as promptly as possible.
- Follow policies outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Maintain bio-security.
- Keep costs contained.
- Environmental Management. Ensure that all operations are performed in accordance with Best Management Practices determined for cleanliness, manure management, odor control, and animal well-being.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of swine building ventilation and ventilation controls.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of auto sort scales controls and set-up.
- Treat all animals in a humane way.
Email application and/or resume to email@example.com
HBI reserves the right to make any necessary changes to this job description and to request that the Maintenance Employee perform additional duties as the need arises. These additional requests will be reasonable and respectful of the Maintenance employee’s time.