The main goal of this position is as follows:
Work in a Team Effort with HBI Management, Consultants, Farm Employees, and Growers to meet or exceed current Nursery, Grow-Finish and Wean to Finish Production Targets as set by Management.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift at least 50# on a regular basis.
- It is the main responsibility of this position to assist Farm Employees and Growers in proper management of Facilities and Haverkamp Bros. swine, while maximizing quality and quantity of pork sold in a cost effective manner.
- Be accountable for the performance of this farm as a whole, your personal performance, and the performance of each farm under your supervision.
- Be “on call”, with-in reasonable limits, to answer questions or give advice to Employees or Growers. Return voice messages as promptly as possible.
- Follow policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Follow and enforce Operating Procedures and policies for each phase of production.
- Revise and or develop new Operating Procedures as conditions dictate.
- Maintain bio-security. Follow Bio-Security Procedures when consulting with multiple farms.
- Maintain herd health. Consult with Farm Vet, Farm Employees, Growers, and Production Manager on a regular basis concerning health and production issues. Post swine, collect tissue and fecal samples, conduct periodic slaughter checks, and work closely with Farm Vet to diagnose health challenges.
- Consult with Farm Vet, Production Manager and Feed Mill Manager regularly in order to address health issues promptly. Provide input for prevention or treatment therapy program to use.
- Keep costs contained. Determine costs of implementing prevention or treatment programs. Provide suggestions to reduce costs.
- Keep accurate and timely records. Provide reports and other pertinent information to the Main Office on a regular schedule as set up by Production Manager.
- Environmental Management. Ensure that all operations are performed in accordance with Best Management Practices determined for cleanliness, manure management, odor control and animal well-being.
- Assist Production Manager in scheduling swine movements and marketing dates and times. Oversee movements of weaner pigs, feeder pigs, market hogs, and cull animals.
- Provide swine transport drivers information related to load #s, culls, segregating groups or special circumstances of next load.
- Mark market hogs in barns w/o auto-sort scales in such a way as to minimize sort loss and optimize returns.
- Assist Barn Managers in determining which animals are to be culled or otherwise sorted off.
- Provide Site or Barn Managers with necessary forms, vet supplies, and related items needed to perform job.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of swine building ventilation and ventilation controls.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of auto sort scales controls and set-up.
- Develop strong working relations with growers, employees, swine health care professionals and others.
Email application and/or resume to email@example.com