WEAN TO FINISH ANIMAL CAREGIVER
This position is full-time & based out of our Home Farm in Bern, Kansas. Shift hours are flexible. We are looking to add a team member who shares our passion and strong commitment caring for pigs and feeding families. We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and excellent benefits
JOB SUMMARY: Wean to Finish Animal Caregiver provides daily care to all animals following HBI standard operating procedures.
1. Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation. Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally
2. Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time on varied surfaces, and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day
3. Ability to work in noise levels that may require hearing protection
4. Must possess ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm
5. Must possess good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the use of hands to handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals
Respect and care for all animals is required. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to inhumane treatment of our animals. Knowledge & enforcement of the latest industry biosecurity practices must be observed and enforced throughout the farms.
6. Individual must be dedicated, goal-oriented, motivated, and able to work effectively as a team member
7. Positive, friendly, and respectful demeanor at all times
8. Must be a self-starter that can operate unsupervised
9. 2 years previous experience in pork industry desired, but not mandatory
10. Ability to do basic math (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication)
11. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
12. Regular, consistent attendance required with flexibility in hours a plus. Must be willing to work some weekends.
13. High School Diploma
14. Valid Driver’s License
15. Would include Smart phone capabilities
16. Must be able to adapt and learn quickly on the job
17. Must be able to prioritize and keep on task with limited direct supervision
18. Must be accustomed to varied working conditions
19. Must be able to work in confinement hog facilities for extended periods of time
COMPANY ISSUED TRUCK
Our employees enjoy competitive salaries and a family-oriented culture with opportunities for career growth. Haverkamp Brothers offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
OUR EMPLOYEES ENJOY;
• Health Insurance – HBI offers major medical health and dental insurance.
• 401K plus Company Match – HBI encourages all employees to save for retirement through pre-tax payroll deductions with a company match.
• Yearly Longevity Bonus/Performance Bonus – A bonus may be paid and has for many years. This bonus is based on the profitability of HBI and the length of employment.
• Short Term Disability Insurance – HBI provides Long Term Disability Insurance at no cost to the employee.
• Life Insurance – HBI provides Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance at no cost to the employee.
• Voluntary Supplemental Insurance – HBI offers a variety of other voluntary insurance opportunities to all employees; Cancer, Vision, Accident, Hospital, Short Term Disability, Dental, GI Life, & Critical Illness
• Paid Holidays – While daily care is required for livestock, we are committed to allowing employees the opportunity to spend holidays with their family.
• Paid Time Off – Paid Time Off (PTO) is earned based on an employee’s number of completed years of service.
• Continuous Training & Educational Program – HBI offers continuous training and educational opportunities to stay up to date on the best management practices in the industry.
• Company Clothing – Every spring and fall HBI provides employees with work apparel at no cost to the employee.
• Company Vehicle – You will be provided with a company vehicle when your immediate supervisor determines you are ready.
• Competitive Wages
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Haverkamp Brothers, an equal opportunity employer.
2976 L4 Rd, Bern, KS 66408-8029, United States