Summary of Position – Oversee the employees and department leads to ensure that all daily responsibilities/tasks are performed and all animals are well taken care of.
- Ensure the health and welfare of all animals in terms of nutrition, medication, and environment
- Communicate with veterinarian on a regular basis
- Coordinate overall animal flow and understand its effect on production
- Perform regular employee management, problem solving, and administrative duties (i.e. production record keeping, budgets, handling employee concerns/problems, work schedules, etc.)
- Lead and direct the farm team in meeting production targets
- Provide development, instruction and constructive feedback to department leads and employees
- Develop and adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and ensure that all employees do the same
- Monitor and resolve all farm maintenance and grounds keeping needs
- Maintain and enforce all biosecurity rules and practices
- Report monthly onsite manure levels
- Aid in hiring new personnel
- Respect and care for all animals is required. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to inhumane treatment of our animals.
- Knowledge & enforcement of the latest industry biosecurity practices must be observed and enforced throughout the farm.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and ability to follow company policies and procedures precisely
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- 2-4 year agricultural degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in management preferred
- Must possess organization, leadership, production, problem solving, and communication skills
- Ability to use a computer effectively, including Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Experience with Metafarms preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive, friendly, and respectful demeanor at all times
- Regular, consistent attendance required with flexibility in hours. Must be willing to work some weekends.
- Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds
- Must possess ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm
Email application and/or resume to email@example.com