JOB SUMMARY: Production Data Entry / Compliance Specialist’s role is responsible for collecting and entering data in MetaFarms, maintaining accurate records, and digitizing data for storage purposes. Ensure that the company complies with pork industry standards and regulations and is responsible for assisting in a variety of daily office needs.
- Responsible for receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Responsible for having visitors sign in and out. Keeping correct log of visitors
- Manage emails, letters, packages, phone calls and other forms of correspondence
- Create and update databases and records
- Track and replace office supplies as necessary to avoid interruptions in standard front office procedures
- Prepare and submit reports
- Assist colleagues whenever there is an opportunity to do so
- Transfer data from hard copy to digital databases (MetaFarms, Excel, etc.)
- Invoicing DNA Gilt sales
- Manage Kansas Gold data for necessary farms
- Organize and prepare for Winter and Summer Parties, annual meetings
- Assemble order forms and coordinate clothing orders
- Maintain compliance and help producers prepare for Common Swine Industry Audit
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Maintain inventory of the vending machine stock levels and replenish items, and ensure rotation of perishables. Monitor vending machines, including stocking product and emptying cash.
- Experience in an office setting
- Working knowledge of office equipment, as with printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Keen observation skills to find and accomplish what needs to be done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Animal Science Degree preferred, but not mandatory
- Plan to attend informational conferences and take continuing education courses as time allows
- Individual must be dedicated, goal-oriented, motivated, and able to work effectively as a team member
- Positive, friendly, and respectful demeanor at all times
- Must be a self-starter that can operate unsupervised
- Previous experience in pork industry desired, but not mandatory
- Ability to do basic math (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Regular, consistent attendance required with flexibility in hours a plus.
- Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time on varied surfaces, and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- Would include Smart phone capabilities
- Must be able to adapt and learn quickly on the job
- Must be able to prioritize and keep on task with limited direct supervision
HBI reserves the right to make any necessary changes to this job description and to request that the Production Data Entry / Compliance Specialist perform additional duties as the need arises. These additional requests will be reasonable and respectful of the Production Data Entry / Compliance Specialist’s time.