Summary of Position
Provides daily care to sows and developing gilts following Haverkamp Bros. standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as a team member of the breeding department.
- Daily animal care/feeding
- Performing breeding/insemination process by means of PCAI or traditional AI
- Administer routine and seasonal vaccinations and injections or recommendations from our vet
- Maintain & monitor overall animal health, care, and treatment by PQA+ standards
- Maintain proper barn environment through proper ventilation protocols
- Adhere to all company policies at all times, including Animal Welfare, Biosecurity, and Safety
- Maintain accurate production records
- Move animals using safe handling practices
- General facility cleaning, maintenance, and hygiene including power washing/disinfecting barns, performing laundry, and office cleaning duties
- Respect and care for all animals is required. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to inhumane treatment of our animals. Knowledge & enforcement of the latest industry biosecurity practices must be observed and enforced throughout the farm.
- Individual must be dedicated, goal-oriented, motivated, and able to work effectively as a team member.
- Positive, friendly, and respectful demeanor at all times
- Must be a self-starter that can operate at times unsupervised
- Previous experience in pork industry desired, but not mandatory
- Ability to do basic math (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Regular, consistent attendance required with flexibility in hours a plus. Must be willing to work some weekends.
- Ability to lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, kneel, and squat for extended period of tieme on varied surfaces, and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day.
- Ability to work in noise levels that may require hearing protection.
- Must possess ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the use of hands to handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals.
Email application and/or resume to email@example.com